Type of Job
About the job
Location: Portland, Oregon
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Order Number: 16787
Must Have Requirements:
• Experience writing and reviewing business processes
• Experience reviewing, and preparing complex journal entries
• 7 years of accounting experience
• Vaccination for Covid
• 2 shots and a booster
Nice to Have:
• Public Accounting experience
• CPA license
• Great Plains software experience
This is a fully vaccinated workplace. All staff must submit proof of vaccination status or request an exception for health or religious reasons. This requirement applies to all employees, including staff who are working in-office, remotely from home or operating within a hybrid work model.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position will be responsible for a wide range of general accounting activities, both routine and of a special project nature, ensuring financial compliance and playing an important role in our companyâ€™s financial operations ensuring accuracy in accounting and compliance with the law. Primary duties include producing financial transactions and analyses, leading and participating in improvement projects, preparing, analyzing and interpreting reports and records. This candidate will need to have a strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices, possess strong problem-solving skills, be detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as closely with others within the Finance team â€“ and cross-collaboratively within the organization. This position will be spent working remote but on occasion required to be in office. Our client is looking for candidates with initiative and the ability to approach work through a diversity, equity and inclusion lens.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform a wide variety of intricate and complex accounting activities including developing and reviewing journal entries, analyzing and reconciling balance sheet accounts to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
• Prepare and review documentation and audit schedules for external auditors.
• Prepare and review documentation and schedules for 990 tax form preparation.
• Ensure that appropriate non-profit and grant accounting principles and compliance requirements are adhered to and incorporated into the accounting function.
• Develop finance policies and accounting treatment papers.
Proactively make recommendations for improvements in the financial and accounting processes, reporting, procedures and policies of Energy Trust.
• Continuously monitor effectiveness of internal controls in the course of fulfilling job duties.
• Document workflows and maintain up to date desk-level procedures as part of the internal control system.
• Provide ad hoc reporting to support internal and Program Management Contractor staff when needed.
• Lead or participate in various department projects and testing requirements.
Work closely with General Accountants providing vacation backup and assisting during peak volume periods.
• Collaborate with peers in the Finance department to achieve team objectives.
Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent educational experience, required. CPA licensure or advanced business degree preferred.
• 7 years of accounting experience in a professional environment, preferably within a non-profit or energy & utilities organization.
• Experience in financial closing processes is required.
• Strong knowledge of the following software applications or their equivalents: SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Webex, and intermediate use of MS Office
• applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Experience with Great Plains preferred.
• Experience writing and documenting business processes.
• Strong financial analytical skills.
• Must be well versed (as a systems user) in database concepts.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with project management preferred.
• Must be a proficient, innovative and multi-tasking accounting professional who is able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Must provide strong customer service experience oriented towards providing support to a diverse workforce or customer base.
• Must be able to perform all normal office job functions in a safe and effective manner.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Competitive benefits package.
Applications accepted until position is filled.