Executive Assistant/Project Manager
Type of Job
About the job
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Order Number: 16755
Our client is a Seattle-based private equity firm that has been investing in and developing transformational healthcare companies for three decades. At the core of this effort have been the people, values and the purpose-driven collaborative culture. Join our client and share passion for creating and growing innovative companies that improve the lives of patients and the quality, accessibility, and affordability of healthcare. Core values of Integrity, Empowerment, Perseverance, Transparency, Social Impact and Performance guide our client's everyday efforts every day.
Our client is actively seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to join their EA team! Serve as the EA to the Managing Partner providing a high-level of administrative and technical support with minimal supervision. Work closely with a team of administrative support personnel to facilitate excellent communication and coordination among various corporate and work groups. Serve as a catalyst for executive decision-making and ensure follow through on critical external and internal decisions through impeccable follow through. Provide some administrative assistance to direct reports of the Managing Partner.
The Executive Assistant is an integral part of the team. There will be different types of projects and responsibilities attached to this supportive role. Day to day tasks and projects can change quickly. This position works independently but often works with the entire Administrative Team. The right candidate must possess a positive can-do attitude, professional demeanor, be a team player and have an inherent desire to go above and beyond the duties and responsibilities of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
All aspects of administrative support for the Managing Partner and a Partner:
• Manage and maintain all aspects of calendars; schedule all calls and meetings, anticipate schedule conflicts, keep the team on time and moving.
• Assist other members of investment team with on-site meetings as necessary.
• Heavy and complex travel planning, including both commercial and private flights.
• Manage all aspects of onsite meetings, including planning from beginning to end of the day events (meals, meetings, materials).
• Monthly credit card reconciliation.
• Expense report processing.
• Perform miscellaneous tasks to meet in-office needs, i.e., copying, faxing, securing signatures, document handling, etc.
• Assist extended investment team, including affiliates, with travel and other administrative needs, as needed.
• Back-up administrative support for other Investment Professionals when necessary.
Other Office Duties
• Event planning. Start to finish, may act as lead or assist.
• At times, may assist portfolio companies with administrative needs – minimal.
• Other projects as needed, or as there is interest and opportunity.
Knowledge, Skills, And Key Traits
• Prefer candidates with 10 or more years successful Executive Admin experience working with C-level Executives.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
• Expert-level ability to interact with a wide range of personalities, with proven record of consistently being a positive individual and supportive team player.
• Solid Leadership Skills and strong Conflict Management Skills
• Robust organizational skills and ability to prioritize, multitask. Prioritizes own time and high-level manager’s time
• Superb attention to detail bordering on obsessiveness
• High sense of urgency
• Sharp, energetic, and creative, with the ability to “think-on-your-feet.” Quick learner.
• Customer service focused with both internal and external customers
• Outgoing, positive cheerful, dependable and willing to help, no task too small or too large.
• Ability to work with speed and accuracy while juggling multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently or as a team, problem solve, and anticipate needs appropriately.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with sensitivity to audience.
• Ability to work and maintain composure under pressure – unflappable.
• Self-starter who holds others and self to the highest standards
• Demonstrated ability to exercise management skills in a support function
• Proactively anticipate needs and eradicate issues before they exist
• Unquestionable integrity and ethics
• Strict confidentiality handling sensitive information
• Highly self-competitive – always raising the bar for self, as well as others, through example
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor degree preferred. Will consider equivalent work experience.
This position has a hybrid schedule with flexibility to work remotely depending on the schedules of the Investment Professional Team.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Our firm makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.