HR Generalist III
Lone Star, California
Type of Job
About the job
About the Job:
our HR Partners are known for their knowledge of HR programs, processes and tools and their ability to work across a portfolio of businesses.
• They act as the frontline consultant to mainly people managers to create a positive employee experience, offering consistent HR advice on people matters.
• They operate and are seen as subject matter experts, having sound knowledge in company and local programs, processes and policies, offering a strong and compelling point of view around HR related matters, thus building credibility.
• They are committed to collaboration with multiple HR Business Partners, HR specialists and people managers across various businesses.
• A key area of focus for the HRP is to increase manager capability which should enable them to be more self-sufficient and drive manager education on important people programs, policies, tools and processes.
• HR Partners collaborate with managers to support sensitive and often complex employee issues including disciplinary, performance improvement and grievance processes and are continuously raising the bar on harmonizing practice across a geography, creating scalable processes, identifying opportunities for efficiencies, and sharing best practices.
• The HRP will act as an influential partner in helping managers with talent management processes, people development, and implementation of organizational changes.
• Thanks to their visibility across businesses and their access to data on managers and employees requests, HRPs are in a position to spot trends and identify emerging needs and address them with innovative people programs, tools and processes.
1. Organizational effectiveness and Employee Relations
- Work with people managers end to end on performance management cases. This includes consulting on performance concerns, supporting managers when starting the process and finalizing separation agreements.
- Support employee relations investigation needs in partnership with HRBPs, ER partners, and legal on information gathering, case support and resolution.
- Manage employee engagement programs and support managers with tools or action planning to drive improvements.
- Provide support and guidance to HR Business Partners and Business Managers on change initiatives.
2. Talent Management
- Support the Talent Management processes through partnership with the HRBPs in the organization, particularly developing toolkits and communications that help managers to be self-sufficient with Talent Review.
- Provide logistical support for planning of Talent Management processes and other site related activities.
- Coach, train and guide managers during the Talent Management process and tools, compensation planning and during off cycle and exception compensation requests, thanks to their deep knowledge of Amazons compensation philosophy.
3. Organization health
- Provide tracking and identification of hot spots within the organization as it relates to the overall organizational effectiveness and health.
- Consult managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation, across multiple countries, where necessary.
- Review local policies and processes in order to ensure that they are fit for purpose. - Analyze data and trends on HR topics across the business(es), in order to provide input to the business strategy to HRBP or COE, preventing the recurrence of known issues and driving improvements.
4. Manager and employee development
- Enable managers by leveraging, delivering and improving existing training collaborating with the global Talent Development teams to anticipate and address emerging needs.
- Support managers and employees in identifying training opportunities to further develop functional and managerial skills.
- Support people managers with career conversations, Development Plans/Career Growth Plans and other development initiatives.
5. HR General
- Act as stewards of the employee experience and Amazon culture keepers. Act as POC and Program Manager for people tools, processes, programs or projects. Manage implementation and review of those. May provide support for Site related activities, where necessary, to support engagement and culture related activities.
- Collaborate with HRBPs, other teams, and COEs on key HR areas/projects that are critical for the site/Region, such as introduction of new policies or benefits.
- Partner with people managers to ensure Amazons policies are consistently implemented across the organization (i.e., Leave, Accommodation, Outside Work, Immigration, and other issues) and HRBP when necessary.
- Analyze data and observations across the organization, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate.
- Mentor or guide other HR Partners or Generalists.
6. Process Improvement and Automation
- Develop standardized process as it relates to manual work through the creation of SOPs that can be used for best practice sharing across the global organization
- Identify, plan and implement key projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity of HR team resulting in business improvement, manager effectiveness and customer satisfaction
- Provide team with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives.
Bachelors degree or higher, in Human Resources or related field
- 6+ years of relevant Human Resources experience
- Employment law knowledge of the respective country and basics of HR administration
- Project management and execution skills.
Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and analysis. - Strong use of Excel and other analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Experience in working in a highly matrixed organization
- Drives recommendations and prioritization. Looks to a lead or manager to put decisions into a broader business context.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment and able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Able to build trust with managers thanks to strong expertise and judgement
- Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team & business