Business Analyst - Data Analytics
Type of Job
About the job
Location: Everett, Washington
Job Type: Contract
Job Order Number: 16755
The Business Analyst, Data & Analytics will manage requirements for intake into the Data and Analytics team. You will act as an advocate for business stakeholders and a liaison between the business and technical teams (including third party vendors) to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. You will provide data, analysis and reporting that is accurate, relevant, reliable, and ensure the information is easily accessible to all appropriate users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
The successful individual must understand the business context and how data can used to create value. An effective Business Analyst is one who understands needs and can recommend holistic solutions including how best to extract imperfect data using tactics and tools available to make the information as objective as possible. The Business Analyst should be someone is constantly seeking out new opportunities / industry trends, transform/provide solutions with a digital mindset – all of which will benefit Funko’s strategies or improve self.
What You’ll Do:
• Seeks to understand the business needs and business drivers; documents current and future state business processes and data flows
• Engage directly with internal and external stakeholders to determine and document KPIs and Analytics requirements and priorities
• Translate business needs into functional and technical requirements, document using JIRA or similar collaboration tools
• Manage requirements changes and scope through change control processes
• Identify and drive conversations about process improvement opportunities
• Be a champion for clean data and identify opportunities for improving data quality
• Conveys complex and technical business issues to diverse audiences and projects a highly credible, polished image in presentations and communications
• Work alongside Project Manager, Data & Analytics to provide input into work flow & sprint planning
• Partner with cross-functional teams to build user stories, prioritize competing objectives in a methodical fashion working with all stakeholders
• Validate code changes against requirements prior to facilitating business User Acceptance Testing and sign off
• Document data definitions and report metadata to improve understanding, usability, and adoption
• Identify, anticipate, and tackle technical issues, and remove blockers through clear and concise communication
• Improve team effectiveness by fostering a culture of continuous improvement and providing ongoing feedback, coaching, and training.
• Collaborate with other teams to accomplish cross-organizational project goals.
• Develop needed training contents, educate, and train users to drive adoption of reports
• Delivers prompt, efficient quality service
• Rapidly acquires new knowledge and learns new skills
What You’ll Bring
• A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in Business Analysis within the Data & Analytics domain including experience as part of a Data Warehouse team
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
• Experience with at least one visualization tool (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView etc)
• SQL experience and ability to build basic queries is required
• Agile/SCRUM experience is required
• Experience with Data Quality, Data Governance, Master Data Management is strongly preferred
• Process Improvement or Six-Sigma certification is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong work ethic and organizational skills
• Experience using any Statistical tool such R, Python, SAS etc. to perform basic data exploration, correlation, regression etc. is preferred
• Experience with an Oracle Fusion Cloud, Salesforce, Product Lifecycle Management are preferred
• Experience with Direct-to-Consumer or Ecommerce business model is preferred.
• Advanced SQL experience with ability to solution and program complex SQL queries is desirable