Type of Job
About the job
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Order Number: 16792
The Energy Engineer III will support the Account Executive, Project Manager, and Project Engineer to ensure consistency and quality throughout the pre and post-sales processes.
• Lead, direct, and prepare Excel-based preliminary feasibility energy studies of chilled water plants, HVAC systems, and heating and steam utility plants using site specific customer data, trends, and local utility information.
• Develop initial project scope recommendations and implementation costing in order to prepare a project proforma for the feasibility study.
• Present energy analysis, solution, and estimates to customerâ€™s technical team. â€¢ Conduct detailed on-site investment grade audits of chilled water systems, air-handlers, and boiler plants; Prepare written basis of design (BOD) report; Participate in BOD results technical review meetings as well as any follow-up meetings.
• Make final project implementation pricing estimations working with third party vendors based on scope of work developed in BOD.
• Compile project documentation for the chilled water plant, boiler plant and/or HVAC optimization solution including trend regressions, 8760 hour-by-hour Excel energy analysis, controls sequence and methods documentation, PowerPoint decks and statements of work; Lead project kick-off meetings.
• Participate in optimization project implementations and QA to ensure solution functionality as well as validate data and performance.
• Post optimization - Aid in analyzing and troubleshooting chilled water plant, boiler plant, and air handler performance and/or building automation system (BAS) performance.
• Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Mechanical Engineering
• 4 year Mechanical Engineering degree. â€¢ 6-9 years HVAC experience.
• MEP experience in chilled water and boiler system design.
• Experience in the energy efficiency field.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel; running and creating functions, pivot tables, trend analysis, charts, and regressions.
• Proficient with other MS Office Software tools including, but not limited to, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word in order to generate reports and presentations.
• Good communication skills and excellent customer satisfaction skills.
• Eagerness to learn and implement new approaches to operating chilled water plants.
• Ability to present technical solutions to customers and partners.
• Ability to educate clients on the benefits of new technology.
• Knowledge of performance contracting (ESCO) industry a plus.
• 25-50% travel required (mostly domestic, possible international travel).
Niagara AX or Tridium AX certification
Ability to navigate different building automation systems
Certified Energy Manager (C.E.M)
Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (C.M.V.P)