Type of Job
About the job
About the Job:
• The Infrastructure Engineer I is responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, networks and enterprise applications.
• They install, monitor, upgrade, and continuously improve the organizations end user hardware/software applications and Windows/MacOS and cloud operating environments.
• They maintain ongoing reliability and performance by quickly responding to incidents and are always on the lookout for areas of improvement.
• They use specialized skills to implement technical solutions and provide high quality support to the organization and its customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Install, configure, monitor, and maintain personal workstations (Windows/MacOS), servers, ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues across Windows/MacOS and Cloud based architectures.
• Deploy, manage, and support 3rd party SAAS applications such as Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams).
• Create and maintain how-to/Wiki knowledge base technical documentation on various applications/processes within the organization.
• Meet service level agreement support goals by responding promptly to requests/tickets for technical assistance for internal and external users, communicating periodic issue status, and providing high quality and timely resolutions.
• Complete assigned tasks/projects through Agile methodology process.
• Deploy, monitor, and manage device endpoints through automation via Azure Intune, Azure Autopilot and PowerShell
• Provide multi-media hardware and software support for conference rooms, virtual/onsite events with expert level understanding of video conferencing solutions such as, Zoom/GoToMeeting and Microsoft Teams.
• Ensure all deployed systems are tracked in asset inventory, receipt of assets is singed by asset owner, and all approved applications and security agents are installed, fully patched and operational.
• Provide end to end technical support for onboarding an offboarding employees within the organization
• Take part in on-going learning about our products and new releases as well as perform front line training for rolling out new operating systems, SAAS applications, and line of business applications to end users.
• Manage users, groups, and computer objects within on-premises Active Directory Services.
• Proficient with Identity and Access management within Azure Active Directory Services
• Purchase/procure IT hardware/software via internal procurement process
• Ensures IT system security baselines are met, and security improvements are implemented across the infrastructure.
High school diploma, or equivalent.
Microsoft and or Microsoft Azure /CompTIA certifications
3+ years of experience in front line enterprise infrastructure support
Skills, Abilities, Experience
• High level knowledge of Windows 10 and Macintosh operating systems
• High level knowledge of Office365 applications including Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, Office Suite, SharePoint Online and OneDrive.
• Broad understanding of infrastructure hardware and software systems including network, compute, storage, and security for traditional data center as well as cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure and AWS.
• High Level understanding of computer networking and proven knowledge of TCP/IP, WANs (Wide Area Networks) LANs (local area networks) and Wi-Fi networking.
• Must have exceptional communication skills, written, in-person and over the phone.
• Experience with enterprise Windows and Linux server architecture (Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2), Active Directory, IIS, file level security, DNS, DHCP and their application within a large network.
• Experience with enterprise video conference systems hardware and software.
• Experience with managing endpoints via Microsoft Azure Intune and Auto- pilot a plus.
• Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills to document and resolve issues in a detailed, prompt, and comprehensive manner.
• Able to take initiative and work independently while demonstrating flexibility, good judgment and commonsense. Must multitask, prioritize, problem solve and meet deadlines under pressure.
• Experience in identifying, escalating cyber security threats, and working with modern endpoint protection systems
• Proficiency in Scripting – PowerShell
• Ability to acquire new skills & keep them updated
• Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Forward thinking, curious, and creative
• Able to collect and analyze complex information, problem solve, and make decisions
• Strong skills in inspiring the win-win-win
• Ability to work independently
• Infrequent travel may be required to attend company events. (1-3 trips per year).
• Travel will be primarily domestic but may include some international.
Type & Nature of Contacts
• Internal: Key job contacts are primarily with clerical and technical personnel outside of the job’s immediate work unit/department.
• External: Daily contact with Virtuoso Members, Partners, and external vendors
Must be able to regularly carry equipment over 50 pounds.