Software Development Manager (Data Platform)
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Order Number: 16680
With our client, data is essential for their decision-making needs whether it is related to product design, measuring new feature effectiveness, or helping their internal teams increase observability. Data gives them keen insights into how they can improve our services for our teams, users, and partners. The team is looking for a hands-on Software Development Manager with an obsession for diving into data. The right person for this role has proven excellent software development skills, and a track record for taking their teams to the next level.
• WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Lead a technology team that designs, develops and maintains data pipelines into a cloud-native data warehouse
• Contribute to the codebase regularly and lead by example
• Increase team efficiency by removing roadblocks and providing a healthy culture for development
• Collaborate across the larger engineering organization to drive for results
• Support team members by providing mentorship and career guidance
• WHAT TO BRING:
• Experience managing a high performing development team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Expert leadership capabilities including leading vendors, staff, and external teams to drive solutions.
• 7+ years software experience (~4 years development and ~3 years management)
• Ability to understand, explain and debug both development and architecture solutions.
• Development experience in Python
• Familiar with a modern cloud data platform and deploying services to them (Google/AWS/Azure)
• Experience with pulling data from a variety of sources: typical sources include 3rd party APIs, CloudSearch, SQL-based data warehouses and spreadsheets
• Experience with Google Analytics is a must
• Experience with data requirements gathering
• Experience evaluating data collection for accuracy (Big Query, Kubernetes, App Engine, Lambda/Cloud Functions)
• Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
• Experience with tracking user consumption of video
• Experience with Salesforce ecosystem
• Development in languages additional to Python
• Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!